The Biclops Pan/Tilt (PT) mechanism is a two-axis motion control device for aiming one or more sensors, typically cameras. Since Biclops is compact, lightweight, and has low power consumption, it is well suited for robotic vehicle applications. Biclops comes standard with mounting tabs for attachment to a flat surface and also provides a standard 1/4-20 tripod mount. All axes are under closed-loop control, with motion commands supplied by an external computer.
Biclops requires only unregulated DC power and interfaces to a computer using a binary packet protocol operated over standard RS232 or USB 2.0 (full speed, 12Mbps). When a command packet, consisting of a command byte and command data, is sent, it is immediately acknowledged by a status packet containing operating status.
Position and velocity, among other operating parameters, may be requested at any time. The default communication rate allows up to nearly 100 commands/second at 9600 baud, but can be increased to 1500 commands/sec for RS-232 (115.2kbps) and 4000 commands/sec for USB (416kbps).
- Rugged, indoor/outdoor use
- Drive mechanism has decoupled feedback for precise observability
- Optional routing of sensor signals through unit
- No external electronics
- Simple, high bandwidth, serial interface provides several position and velocity PWM servo control modes
- Range of Motion: Pan = ±180° and Tilt = ±90°
- Maximum Speed: Pan/Tilt (170°/sec.)
- Maximum Acceleration: Pan/Tilt (3000°/sec2)
- Resolution: 1.08 arc-min (20000 counts/rev)
- Maximum load: 4kg
- Stereo (-S option) camera mounting distance 4", 5", 6", and 7"
- Mass (without cameras) 1Kg
- Overall dimensions (without cameras): 4" (101mm) round base X 6" (165mm) height
- Multiple mounting options for attachment to tripod or table
- Power (24VDC unregulated): 2 watts min, 3 watts w/static, balanced load, 10 watts max
- Monocular mount (-M),
- RS-232 cabling (-2) or USB (-U) cabling,
- C++ API Software for Windows XP and Linux
- Stereo mount (-S)
- Custom internal sensor routing (-I)
- 8 Analog sensor inputs (-A)
- 24VDC,1A AC Power supply (PS)
- Additional Power supply connector to attach to your own 24VDC source(PSC)
- Additional RS232-to-Biclops custom cable, 1m length (CBL232)
- Additional USB-to-Biclops custom cable, 1m length (CBLUSB)